Sunday, December 26, 2010

Clean Craft Room for 2011

Today I had a "snow day" (it's still snowing as I type this - it's been snowing all day, very unusual for our area of the country). So I decided to take today to and clean up my sewing and craft area and get it ready for 2011. I should have taken some "before" photos but trust me - it was a mess! I spent a good 6 hours throwing things away, going through drawers, moving things around, find a home for stuff that had been growing into high stacks of just "stuff".




Here's the full shot. I scrapbook/craft on one side and sew on the other side. Considering my space is limited, it's more than I've ever had and this works for me (for now).

I love the square storage modules. I get them at Michael's Arts & Crafts. My mother-in-law bought me a new one for my birthday. Who knew adding this one module would allow me to rearrange almost all my stuff - organizing and storing stuff away off of my table allowing me more crop/scrap room! I love this one! She also bought me a set of the pegboard that can be added onto any of the modules. I do need more pegs though, they only came with 4 (as my daughter says - lame. It would have been nice to have a few more)







We (being me and my daughter who was a huge help to me today) also organized the ribbon holder. We had several that needed to be added as well.




Following photos show my cabinet and module storage. I cannot tell you how much I love these modules! My Cricut is standing by waiting to be used more this year as well.





And lastly, a full look at the sewing side - of course usually the ironing board is sitting out - it's a tight space but doable. I'm doing my own 2011 block of the month - Civil War quilt blocks. Stay tuned as I plan on blogging monthly about the block I make. I'm so excited to have the space all cleaned up to start working on these blocks!

1 comment:

janet said...

Such a beautiful space to work in:)