Saturday, May 22, 2010

"Me" Album

So today I've been working on my "me" album. I really don't like the sound of it, it sounds so self-centered but it's a modge-podge album of me - growing up, including photos of me as a baby (the few I have) as well photos of my family before I was born, throughout childhood, high school up until I got married. It's not a very full album. I don't have many photos of me as a baby and child. I'll spare everyone my pity story about that, especially since I know my mother is reading this (said with a smile Mom!) but being born in 1967 slides were the all the rage when I was smaller so we have very few printed photos of me. I think there's probably more (in my sisters albums but since she's most likely reading this I'll spare everyone that story too) but this is what I've got and I'll be grateful for what I do have.

Each time I work on my photos of me, I can't help but think of how many more photos I have of my children when they were growing up. My oldest was born 20 years ago this year (Yikes!) and my youngest just turned 16 - all of their childhood photos are in print - digital camera's were yet to enter the household on a common basis. Today I have so many photos of my kids in their later middle school years through high school. I get really excited knowing how many photos I will have of my future grandchildren (FAR future that is!)

So here's a few of my favorite layouts from today's work.

High School cheerleading & Homecoming weekend
IMG_0155IMG_0159

1977 - at my sister's wedding. I've always loved this photo of us.
IMG_0152

IMG_0151

IMG_0150

Christmas - not sure of the years here. I do remember when Santa came to my Grandma's house though. That was the year he brought me my baby bunk beds. I think I was about 5 years old.
IMG_0147

January 1973 - me and my cousin Mary Kay. I believe the pom-poms belonged to my older cousin Kim, who was a cheerleader.
IMG_0148 IMG_0149

No comments: