Saturday, June 12, 2010

My Craft Space....and Organization!

I have been cleaning up and re-organizing again. Seems I have to do this frequently or it just gets too messy! I'm really big on these storage module cubes that I buy at Michael's Arts & Crafts. I never pay full price for these - while I love them, I don't think they are worth the full asking price and coupons are always available. Most of the cubes run an average of $29.99 with a few of the larger ones being around $49.99.

I kinda share a room with my daughter for my crafts. It's a finished room over the garage so it's quite large. I'm almost out of room on my side though; which is why I love these module cubes because they can stack!!!

Here's my set up:



This is the ribbon organizer. I don't use a lot of ribbon but it sure is fun to buy - especially for a $1 a spool from the sale bin!



This shows most of my workspace when crafting & scrapbooking. Sewing & quilting is done on the other side - I have 2 large tables butted up to each other. The sewing side is still a mess so I'm not going to show it.



This is one of my newest additions to my workspace. It's the tool organizer - it spins. I love it. I put all my markers and necessary, most used tools in it so they are easy to access now. It's also a bit space saver.



Another new addition. I literally just put this together yesterday. It's a little larger than the other modules but it's great place for my books & magazines. I use the drawers for my glitter, paints and glues which made more room on my shelves for me.






More of my workspace - a better photo of one of the larger modules I've purchased in the last year. Also, a close up of my shelves....see I'm a proud Twilight Addict :)




Another one of my absolute favorite organizers are these Iris Storage Cases. I also get these at Michael's. They are $8.99 but they go on sale frequently for $4.99 so wait for the sale! They stack well and I use them as project keepers. For example I'm currently working on a "Me" Album and everything I'm using - papers, photos, embellishments, pages, page protectors, etc. is in the green storage case. When I go to the local scrapbook store to crop on Friday nights, it makes it easy to pack this up to go since it's well essentially ready to go as is! I use another one for pages that are completed but I just need to sit down and put them in their proper album they belong in. They are great, inexpensive project keepers.

I've got a few other organization tips and funs to share with you but I'll hold off on that for another day.....

4 comments:

Weavin' Wicker Woman said...

Shari, I just love seeing other crafter's work spaces, thanks for posting yours, it looks soooo nice!

Lisa said...

I love the tool organizer! Did you get that at Michaels also?

Shari said...

Yes, the tool organizer is also from Michael's. It's from the same company but it comes already put together ;) so that's a bonus!

Angi said...

love the pics! looking forward to coming over and scrapping with ya.. yes, i just invited myself. ROFL.