Saturday, June 26, 2010

I WON!!

My local scrapbook store, All About Scrapbooks, held a Twilight layout contest last month and I won! There were officially 3 winners - Team Edward/Team Jacob & General Twilight were the 2 themes. The awarded both a Team Edward & Team Jacob to make 3 winners. I won some wonderful vampire themed scrapbook goodies as well as a gift card to the theater! I already have my tickets for the midnight showing of ECLIPSE but I'll be using that gift card for the second viewing for sure (I saw Twilight 4x and New Moon 3x in the theaters)
If you do not know, The Twilight Saga was written by Stephenie Meyers and you can read more about it at her site (just click on her name)!

Here are the 2 single page layouts that I turned in for the contest.

My TEAM EDWARD entry (and the winner!!!)



My GENERAL TWILIGHT entry (thought this one would win over the other but oh well, no biggie - glad I just won something!)



A couple of close ups of the General Twilight entry. I used a few photos of the trip to Forks, WA that my daughter and I took back in September of 2009. They had a big party in honor of Bella's birthday (the lead female character in the series) and it was also in honor of author Stephenie Meyers. The town loves these books (not so much the movies) and they had some "look-a-likes" for us to have our picture taken with.



The group photo taken at the park that weekend. it was a fun weekend. I'd love to go back again. Beautiful town full of the most wonderful, friendly people I think I've ever met!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Congratulations! You're so lucky to have been able to get up there....jealous!!!

Laurie said...

I think you would love the Twilight stamps this lady has:
http://skippingstonesdesign.com/
She is a local lady in Rapid City, SD.
Your blog really inspires me to get stuff done. Thanks!