Saturday, August 28, 2010

Oh My! Scrapbook Heaven

scrapbook convention sign


This weekend, as I blogged a few days ago, I attended the Creating Keepsakes Convention that was brought here to Virginia Beach, Virginia. What a time! I had never been to something like this before. Rumor has it they will be back next year - I'm anxiously watching the website looking for that confirmation! :)

Oh the goodies! I felt I got well worth more than the cost of the classes. I will blog specifically on each class that I took. I decided it'd be best to do that than one big blog because there's just so much information to pass on along to you. For now I'll tell you about a few of the extra goodies I purchased at the vendor hall.

My favorite find was MOSAIC MOMENTS by Tami Potter. I've seen this technique but this wasn't a product I wanted to invest in until I had seen it. Lucky me, they were there and once I saw the demo I was SOLD! I cannot wait to add this new look into my scrapbooks.

mosaic moments

IMG_1265 IMG_1266

My next stop was THE PAPER LOFT. I've seen their advertisements and products in scrapbook magazines. They are so right down my alley. I love their colors - mostly earth tones! I purchased some Halloween and Autumn papers with our trip to Historic Salem, Mass in October.

paperloft halloween

IMG_1276IMG_1275

They also had these very cool little paper albums. I took several photos and I just could not get a photo to do the album papers justice. You can check it out on their website by CLICKING HERE!

IMG_1283

An unexpected find was at the CLEARLY CLEVER booth. They specialize in transparencies - already printed up. It's a very cool concept. I'd never seen this before so of course I had to pay the $4 for the make and take. I got a pretty good page for $4 I think. You tell me.

Here is my final page.
IMG_1295

Here you can see the transparency that I had laid down. This is cool because you can take that beautiful printed paper and then just move the transparency around until you find where you like the words and extra designs to go and it's all one one sheet that you can adhere with just a couple of small clear glue dots.

IMG_1296

The transparencies at the convention were $2.50 each. I bought one.


IMG_1297 IMG_1299

A few other goodies I picked up.....
Star Wars paper for my boys albums (when I eventually get to them) and some liquid paint and glittery flowers (which will probably most likely be used in my altered books)

IMG_1294 IMG_1271

2 comments:

hollybeary creations said...

Looks like you had a great time and found some cool goodies.. I can't wait to see your pages you make with the Mosaic kit.

Angi said...

looks great, girl! cant wait to see more!if CK comes next year i might actually be able to attend by then!